Thanks for Visiting my Blog!

I am curious to learn where the people who are reading my blog are from in the World. I don't know any way to find out except to ask, so I am. I have a Visitor's Poll on the right side. Please take a second to select the best answer. If I don't have your Country listed it is not intended as a Slight (China was suppose to be there; I can't add it now). I quickly realized I could not list every country, so I have continents listed. Feel free to drop me a comment or email as to which Country you reside in if it isn't in the list IN ADDITION to selecting the best answer in the poll. Thanks

Thursday, August 11, 2022

UA Razorbacks vs Valencia Select on August 9, 2022 Box Score

Arkansas Razorbacks 107  Valencia Seleccion 59 

I checked online for a box score from the game on Tuesday - the first game showcasing the talent of this years Arkansas Razorbacks and was slightly disappointed to only find 1 hidden behind a paywall.  I can't verify that one because I wouldn't subscribe to see it.

So for Razorback fans and others who want to know, here is MY Box Score from that game.  I watched the game 3 times - once live where I didn't worry about the stats and twice again to try and capture the stats.  

One thing I did not was that the final score is wrong.  For some unknown reason 1 point was added to the UA score with 1:02 left in the 2nd quarter.  The Razorbacks had last scored to make the game 53-25.  Valencia scored 4 points to make the score 53-29 and had the ball when suddenly the score flipped by 1 point and it was now 54-29.  The UA had only 1 FT in that 1st half and it was already included in the score.  No idea where that phantom 1 came from other than just a mistake by the score table.

Anyway, this is my final Box Score from that game.


There were a LOT of iffy fouls called by the 2 person crew against the Razorbacks.  That resulted in Trevon Brazile sitting the entire 2nd quarter.  MY foul totals may not be correctly attributed since it was very difficult (I'd say impossible) to know which player the officials gave the foul to when there were multiple players in the area.  Once example would be where 13 Jordan Walsh was the only player close to the Valencia player but the officials seem to show 2 0 which would be Kamani Johnson who was not close to the action.  

Anyway of the 16 fouls called on the Razorbacks in the 1st half, I had 8 of them as phantom or questionable calls.  It doesn't matter.  It allowed the players to deal with that adversity which will happen in the real season also.

You had I think 10 players score in the first quarter.  The Razorbacks substituted freely and played a lot of different combinations.  They should have a LOT of good video to review and use teaching.  The only player to play and not score was Joseph Pinion who attempted only 2 shots - a 3 that went off the front rim and a driving 2 from maybe 6 feet that also went off the rim.  He had a third shot possible on a 2 on 1 fast break but went with a behind the back bounce pass to Jalen Graham for a big jam by Graham.

Overall?  The Razorbacks shot 68% from 2 with I think someone said 17 dunks.  Three Point shooting was off but remember they are shooting the FIBA ball.   They were 4 of 8 in the first half from 3 but only 1 of 8 in the 2nd half.  2 of the missed shots were "heaves" at the buzzer - one by Nick Smith and one by Devo Davis so 5 of 14 excluding the 2 heaves.

Defensively there were a lot of reaching fouls called.  That is one area for improvement.  Watching the video you would say many of those reaching fouls were not in fact fouls but they were called so be more disciplined and don't reach as much.  You also had a number of iffy calls coming off of players going around screens set by the Valencia team.  Minimum contact but the officials called fouls.  It seemed as though moving screens were allowed.  Makhel Mitchell had an offensive foul called on him that even with multiple replays I couldn't find.  

Anyway, I will try to do a Box Score for each game, and I now have a form created to show shot attempts and made as well as points.

Arkansas versus Barcelona will be this afternoon, and I'll try to do a Stat sheet by late tonight.


It's going to be an exciting team ..... it already is.


No comments:

Search this and other sites

Google
SEARCH NOW:
by title by author