Thanks for Visiting my Blog!

I am curious to learn where the people who are reading my blog are from in the World. I don't know any way to find out except to ask, so I am. I have a Visitor's Poll on the right side. Please take a second to select the best answer. If I don't have your Country listed it is not intended as a Slight (China was suppose to be there; I can't add it now). I quickly realized I could not list every country, so I have continents listed. Feel free to drop me a comment or email as to which Country you reside in if it isn't in the list IN ADDITION to selecting the best answer in the poll. Thanks

Saturday, August 13, 2022

UA Razorbacks 75 Orange Bassano 54

 University of Arkansas Men's Basketball team won their 3rd game on their European tour against a young Italian team whose oldest player was 19.

This was a more physical game as the officials let them play.  It was the old No blood no foul, play on system it seemed.

The Starting 5 for the Razorbacks were: Anthony Black, Nick Smith, Derrian Ford, Makhi Mitchell and Kamani Johnson.

Anthony Black hit a 3 on the first possession and the Razorbacks led throughout.  It was 24-16 after the first quarter, 41-30 at halftime and with a 16-0 run in the 3rd, the Razorbacks enjoyed a 65-39 lead going into the 4th Quarter.

The 4th quarter wasn't a pretty one for the Razorbacks as the Italians outscored them 15 to 10.



The Stats will be a little misleading due to the physical nature of the game.

Jordan Walsh is the perfect example as he was just 1 of 6 from the field but all 5 of his misses were driving to the basket and with a lot of contact.  No fouls were called.  Below is 1 screenshot.

The second half starters for the Razorbacks were: Anthony Black, Nick Smith, Devo Davis, Trevon Brazile and Kamoni Johnson.

For the 4th Quarter, the Razorbacks sent out a 5 guard lineup basically in Black, Smith, Council, Devo and Dunning.


All 15 players played which includes the 2 walk-ons.

Here is MY Box Score for the game.  You'll note I have 2 team fouls which of course isn't real.  I just couldn't tell from the broadcast which Razorback was called.  That seems to be par for the course with these broadcasts.  I tried to get all the stats but won't guarantee I didn't miss some or score it differently from others.  At times it is a judgment call as to who gets the Turnover, Steal, or even basket (Black and Johnson both tipped a ball for example in the 2nd game - I gave the basket to Black others may have given it to Johnson).


It's looking like a starting 5 of Black, Smith, and Trevon Brazile with 2 others.  I suspect the other 2 may vary game to game more.  Jalen Graham hasn't had the type of games expected of him yet.  There's 1 game left on this foreign road trip so we'll see if he breaks out in the final game August 15.


No comments:

Search this and other sites

Google
SEARCH NOW:
by title by author