Thanks for Visiting my Blog!

I am curious to learn where the people who are reading my blog are from in the World. I don't know any way to find out except to ask, so I am. I have a Visitor's Poll on the right side. Please take a second to select the best answer. If I don't have your Country listed it is not intended as a Slight (China was suppose to be there; I can't add it now). I quickly realized I could not list every country, so I have continents listed. Feel free to drop me a comment or email as to which Country you reside in if it isn't in the list IN ADDITION to selecting the best answer in the poll. Thanks

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Spoilers * Photos of Deathly Hallow

*Spoilers*


Read no farther if you do NOT wish to have any advance knowledge of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Someone has taken photographs of the Table of Contents of Scholastic's version of the book. Below I transcribe those photographs except I use a : rather than a period since the period in the photos is elevated to the midpoint of the text - I couldn't figure how to replicate that so I use a colon instead. The Photos show the Table of Contents beginning on Page *VII* and ending on page *X* . The font and typeset appears very similar to that used in Order of Phoenix - I checked one recent book to compare.


Yesterday I wrote about avoiding being spoiled. And there are different levels of "Spoilage". To me, knowing the Table of contents is minor. I don't mind knowing which is why I don't mind sharing the information. But in fairness, if you don't even want that small bit of tainting of book 7, please don't read this post.


For months people have been circulating a fanfic by Melinda as the real book. It isn't and she had no involvement in the scam. There have been other efforts by people to fool everyone with fake versions of the book or fake versions of the Table of Contents. This may be yet another fake, but it passes my intuition test. I think it is the real book's table of contents. This list is directly from the photos posted.


Contents

One
The Dark Lord Ascending : 1

Two
In Memoriam : 13

Three
The Dursleys Departing : 30

Four
The Seven Potters : 43

Five
Fallen Warrior : 63

Six
The Ghoul in Pajamas : 86

Seven
The Will of Albus Dumbledore : 111

Eight
The Wedding : 137

Nine
A Place to Hide : 160

* VII *

Ten
Kreacher's Tale : 176

Eleven
The Bribe : 201

Twelve
Magic is Might : 223

Thirteen
The Muggle-born Registration Commission : 246

Fourteen
The Thief :268

Fifteen
The Goblin's Revenge : 284

Sixteen
Godric's Hallow : 311

Seventeen
Bathilda's Secret : 330

Eighteen
The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore : 350

Nineteen
The Silver Doe : 363

* VIII *

Twenty
Xenophilius Lovegood : 388

Twenty-One
The Tale of the Three Brothers : 405

Twenty-Two
The Deathly Hallows :424

Twenty-Three
Malfoy Manor : 446

Twenty-Four
The Wandmaker :477

Twenty-Five
Shell Cottage : 502

Twenty-Six
Gringotts: 519

Twenty-Seven
The Final Hiding Place : 544

Twenty-Eight
The Missing Mirror : 554

Twenty-Nine
The Lost Diadem : 571

* IX *

Thirty
The Sacking of Severus Snape : 589

Thirty-One
The Battle of Hogwarts : 608

Thirty-Two
The Elder Wand : 638

Thirty-Three
The Prince's Tale : 659

Thirty-Four
The Forest Again :691

Thirty-Five
King's Cross : 705

Thirty-Six
The Flaw in the Plan : 724

Epilogue
753

* X *

That is a transciption of the photos. I did not post the photos here. I can not verify they are true photos of the book but they seem to me to be. If you want to see the actual photos, drop me a note with a valid email address and I'll try to email you the links.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God... chapter 18 gave me chills! Thanks for posting this, Tim! --Toni

Search this and other sites

Google
SEARCH NOW:
by title by author