Thanks for Visiting my Blog!

I am curious to learn where the people who are reading my blog are from in the World. I don't know any way to find out except to ask, so I am. I have a Visitor's Poll on the right side. Please take a second to select the best answer. If I don't have your Country listed it is not intended as a Slight (China was suppose to be there; I can't add it now). I quickly realized I could not list every country, so I have continents listed. Feel free to drop me a comment or email as to which Country you reside in if it isn't in the list IN ADDITION to selecting the best answer in the poll. Thanks

Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday the 13th! -- 1 week to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Yes today was Friday the 13th! But Jason was no where to be seen at least around here. I guess he still has about 20 minutes to make an appearance. That is for you horror film movie buffs. I have to admit I was never a Friday the 13th movie fan. But Friday the 13th as a day has always been good to me.

Now take this Friday the 13th. Doesn't the title of JK Rowling's last Harry Potter book, Harry Potter andthe Deathly Hallows just seem to go with today? I mean Friday the 13th and Deathly Hallows? Has a ring to it, doesn't it? A kind of symmetry? I thought so anyway. Too bad they didn't decide to release the book today. I think it would have been appropos. Maybe they thought it would be too close to the Order of the Phoenix movie release.

Anyway, today marks the 1 week milestone. One week from today, at about this time many of you will be gathering at bookstores such as Barnes & Noble, or Borders Books, or a local Wal-Mart and queueing up to get your hands on the last of the Harry Potter series. I may also. I still have not decided. For Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince I did the midnight trip to our local Wal-Mart, bought the book, got home at about 1 am and proceeded to read the book more or less non-stop. I finished it sometime early evening that day.

This time around I already have my order in at Amazon UK for one of their Adult and one of their Children's edition just as I did last time. But as I type, I am tempted to wait until about 3 or 4 am to go to my local Wal-Mart. By then all the frenzied crowd will be gone. I should be able to walk in, get the book and leave.

And what about spoilers? You know people who scan the book looking for key moments and then go around telling everyone the information before they have a chance to read it for themselves. How many of you will take precautions in the upcoming week and continue until you finish the book to keep from learning what happens from others? I know I will, but since I live in the middle of nowhere, I more or less just have to be cautious on reading what is posted on the internet and avoid anyone shouting inforamtion when I go to book. I don't plan to rush through this one but still if I get it early saturday morning I suspect I will have it finished no later than sometime Sunday afternoon.

So here is to one more week of anticipation, one more week of avoiding spoilers, one more week until the end of one of the best written series in history.

Then I'll have to wait for her next book in a different genre. Yes I will read it also. I'll have to post a blog here just on books and authors sometime. JK Rowling is an exceptional writer but there are others out there worth reading also. But that is for another day.

No comments:

Search this and other sites

Google
SEARCH NOW:
by title by author