Thanks for Visiting my Blog!

I am curious to learn where the people who are reading my blog are from in the World. I don't know any way to find out except to ask, so I am. I have a Visitor's Poll on the right side. Please take a second to select the best answer. If I don't have your Country listed it is not intended as a Slight (China was suppose to be there; I can't add it now). I quickly realized I could not list every country, so I have continents listed. Feel free to drop me a comment or email as to which Country you reside in if it isn't in the list IN ADDITION to selecting the best answer in the poll. Thanks

Saturday, July 7, 2007

rain, rain and more rain

For the past week it has been raining and raining and raining. I was starting to look around for Noah it was raining so much.

And with the rain storms also came no internet service. You see, we live in the middle of nowhere, USA. After years of tempermental and slow dial-up service, we recently switched to Satellite Internet. It is a lot faster than our previous dialup service - that is when it is functioning. Like all satellite signals, the internet satellite does not perform well in stormy weather and most of the day yesterday we did not have service. I have lost track of how many straight days of rain we have had (I think either 7 or 8) but yesterday was unusual in that the rain didn't pause. It was continuous. I think we ended up with about 4 inches total from that front and we still have a 30% chance of rain forecasted for the next few days.

So as a result of the rain and other things such as scanning slides, negatives and photos, I did not post to the blog yesterday. So that answers one question. It isn't a daily blog. At least not yet.

What subjects can one anticipate appearing here? Well almost anything is fair game. I love to read so books or authors may appear as subjects. As mentioned I am scanning photos so photography is likely to appear from time to time. I try to keep up with current events and I have a father with Alzheimer's. So there is no telling what subjects may arise from day to day here or post to post -- who knows some days I may post more than once.

For now, back to scanning slides

No comments:

Search this and other sites

Google
SEARCH NOW:
by title by author