Thanks for Visiting my Blog!

I am curious to learn where the people who are reading my blog are from in the World. I don't know any way to find out except to ask, so I am. I have a Visitor's Poll on the right side. Please take a second to select the best answer. If I don't have your Country listed it is not intended as a Slight (China was suppose to be there; I can't add it now). I quickly realized I could not list every country, so I have continents listed. Feel free to drop me a comment or email as to which Country you reside in if it isn't in the list IN ADDITION to selecting the best answer in the poll. Thanks

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Drago Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

Drago Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus

is one of the first phrases a reader of the Harry Potter series sees. It appears on the title page of Book 1 - Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone in the UK and Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone in the US but doesn't really make an appearance in the series up to now. Does its significance await book 7, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows? My guess is that it does.

Scholastic has released the Cover Art for the deluxe version of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and, surprise ...

it shows the heroic threesome, Harry, Hermione and Ron riding a dragon!

That suggested to me that the Hogwarts' Motto may have meaning for Book 7. Then today I was reading some of the promotional material from Amazon UK and they have included an audio teaser from Stephen Fry, the voice behind the Harry Potter Audio series. And the teaser he offers is "Drago Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus" or "Never Tickle a sleeping Dragon."

So with 10 days remaining until the official launch of the final book in the Harry Potter series, we have something new to ponder. Is that dragon depicted in the deluxe cover Hagrid's pet dragon Norbert now grown? Or is it somehow Hogwarts' Motto come alive?

More on Harry Potter later

No comments:

Search this and other sites

Google
SEARCH NOW:
by title by author